Friday, November 12, 2010

Impatient Poppers

I hope this post doesn't come too late for those north of us (which is pretty much everyone), but here, it is a time I get very excited about.... Impatient Poppin' time!  I don't know if you have ever noticed, but impatients get little seed pods on them this time of year, and releasing those seeds will help your impatients come back year after year!  


 This is a picture of a seed pod that is ready to pop... nice, big and plump!
 you can pinch them off, like this, so that you can pinch them over a piece of paper, so you can collect the seeds and plant them into little cups, or you can leave them on the plant and let the seeds scatter on the ground and naturally propagate.  
(image from google image search)
this shows how tiny the little seeds are :)
It is so much fun to do, and I hate I didn't get a picture of Dodson and I doing it together, but we sure had fun, he squealed with excitement each time it popped!  Its a great little science lesson, too!

1 comment: